I never expected that my character and the show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah will be so popular, says Dilip Joshi


The jovial and talented actor Dilip Joshi, who is seen as Jethalal Gada in SAB TV’s Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Neela Telefilms) is on a high these days. The reason being that Jethalal’s character has been continuously loved and appreciated by fans. The show which has crossed the landmark of completing 1000 episodes has held on to its main concept of entertaining as well as educating the masses.
 
The actor shared his thoughts saying, “2012 was a great year for me. We crossed 1000 episodes last year, which is a nice achievement. I won many awards for Jethalal’s character. I never expected that my character and the show will be so popular. I hope that our fans continue to love us in the same manner over the coming years.”

On his future plans, he states, “I am open to all kind of roles, both on the small and big screen. In fact I was offered Mahadev’s role in the movie Oh My God, that of Paresh Rawal’s friend. I could not take it up due to date issues and the role eventually went to Nikhil Ratnaparkhi.”

Dilip, hats off for playing the role of Jetha with utmost dedication.


0 comments:

Post a Comment