Kavita (Kaushik) is taller than me, hence will be seen more in Tota Weds Maina, jokes Gaurav Gera

After a six year hiatus, talented comic actor Gaurav Gera is all set to return to daily soaps with SAB TV’s Tota Weds Maina.

Talking about the character he plays, Gaurav says, “In the show, I play a simple guy next door from Uttar Pradesh studying chartered accountancy. Having a heart of gold, he is loved by his entire family.”

Gaurav who attained fame with Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, further goes on to add, “This is the first time on television that I will be getting married. Maina’s (Kavita Kaushik) character is in contrast to me; she is bindaas and liberal natured though she is as good as me.”

The experienced actor also does not feel that his co-star will overlap him, she being a well-known actor. “Since she is taller than me, she will be seen frequently. Jokes apart, we know each other from before and have always respected one other. Hence, there is no such fear that one expects.”

Asked about the reason as to why he had stayed away from dailies for so long (Jassi was his last), he avers,“ Back then, the set up of soaps was quite way ward and I also wanted to take things lightly. Now, that the TV work culture is also becoming more streamlined, I want to work hard. I also accept that, doing a daily show is important in terms of public perception as you are seen regularly. Having said that, I stayed away from it for long and despite that made good money from gags and shows.”

Gaurav who has also done Babban Bhai v/s Bimla Tai for 9x observes, “Comedy is finally finding it’s due space on desi TV, thanks to SAB TV which offers family comedy entertainment. Viewers now have an added option apart from watching the normal kitchen politics which other channels, any way, air. The fact is that today, the highest paid TV actors are the guys who take part in Comedy Circus.”

The actor had also been a part of the first season of Great Indian Comedy Show (Star One) “although it wrapped up way back in 2006, but our gang of Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey and Purbi Joshi is still together.”

Unlike other TV actors, Gaurav does not want to build a body, “I don’t work out, but do pray to God to give me six pack abs. On a more serious note I see to it that I am fit.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment