Anil Rastogi to play Daddu in Na Bole season 2


We are not talking of Arjun Kapoor's real life grandfather but the on-screen one in Ishaqzaade played by veteran actor Anil Rastogi who is all set to return to television nearly after more than twenty years in Sudhir Sharma's Na Bole tum Na Maine Kuuch Kaha season 2. The new season will see a new cast and the makers have chosen veteran actor Anil Rastogi to play an important role.

Anil played the role of Arjun Kapoor's grandfather in the popular film Ishaqzaade. "I got a call from the casting director of the show as she had seen me in the film and thought I would be appropriate for the role. I would be playing the role of Daddu who is a politician and an influential person. So far I have not started shooting for the show but the brief tempted me to do it."

Rastogi hails from Lucknow and started his career with the Lucknow Doorsarshan and then moved to theater and films. "Television has a big impact on audience's heart and many years back I played an important role in the cult show Udaan where I was Kavita Choudhury's boss Special Super indent of Police. And people remembered that role for a long time."

Rastogi also explains that his character in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha has an interesting shade as he has someone in his life whom he adores and supports on his bad deed. Though that is still not clear whether that person is his grandson or related to Daddu. "I am hopeful that Daddu will create an impact in my career and for the show also as this is a sequel and the loyal audiences are waiting for this."

0 comments:

Post a Comment