In conversation with Jay Soni on his new show on Colors, Sanskaar...Dharohar Apno Ki

Jay Soni will be back on-screen with Colors’ Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki from 14 January (2013). Though the actor was last seen in Colors’ Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, the last daily in which he was seen was Star Plus’ Sasural Genda Phool.

Hence, with Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki, the actor will be seen returning in a daily soap after a nine month hiatus.

We got in touch with Jay to know his take on this daily soap and his role.

And this is what he had to say:

Soon after Sasural Genda Phool, I had given my nod to this show. Hence, I stayed away from daily soaps all this while.”

Talking about playing a subdued character yet again on TV, he stated, “I am not giving an example but Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan also enact a particular kind of character. So what’s wrong when it come to me? But, it’s not like I do not want to do different characters. For me, Jay Kishan is very different from Ishaan (his character in Sasural Genda Phool). Jay is a strong guy and he is not scared or shy of people like my character Ishaan was. Yes, he is a boy next door and these are the kind of roles I am offered.”

The show is extensively shot in New York. Hence, talking about his foreign shooting experience, he averred, “I was excited about shooting in New York. But, the moment I reached there and had to begin shooting in minus two degree centigrade throughout the entire day, my excitement vanished. All I knew was that I was cold and wanted to get back home as early as possible. It did not matter how many clothes you wore, you were still going to be shivering. But on the whole it was good experience. I was shooting in a place where Bollywood movies are shot, so it was obviously a different feeling.”

After a little pause he added, “Once I even experienced snow accompanied with rainfall. The worst was that since the story is on me I had to be there in every frame and after I was done with every shot, my body used to get numb.”

What did you miss the most there? “I missed Indian food. All I used to have was Bagel and cream. After a while I got so tired of it that I started calling it medu vada.”

What kind of a role would you want to do next? “Not any particular kind of role but I would definitely want an entry akin to a Yash Raj or Karan Johar film in my upcoming shows. I love the way they introduce their actors.”

When asked about reality shows he shared, “I was offered Bigg Boss, but then I had to refuse as I had taken up Sanskaar then. But I religiously follow Bigg Boss and I like Niketan (Madhok) in the show.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment